Getting Started with Yoga
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early. Always check in at the front desk – even if you’ve made an online reservation. We will show you around and answer any questions you may have.
- Practice on an empty stomach. Do not eat 2-3 hours prior to yoga practice. Juice or fruit are OK if you need quick energy before class. Drink plenty of water prior to class, but avoid drinking during class.
- Dress appropriately. Wear comfortable, form-fitting workout clothing. Layers help to adjust for temperature changes during and after class.
- We provide complimentary yoga mats.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Leave your shoes in a cubby in the studio lobby.
- Turn off your cell phone. This enhances your experience and provides a healing environment for oneself and others.
- Go to level 1-2 or all levels classes. Level 1-2 and all-level classes are appropriate for beginners. Let the teacher know you are new to the practice.
- Notify the teacher of injuries or medical conditions. This helps the teacher know how to assist you and give you modifications.
- Practice often. 4-6 times per week for maximum benefit. 2-3 times per week will show improvement for most students within three months.
- Support Your Practice, by allowing yourself to experience a Private or Semi private yoga lesson. Spend an hour with an expert teacher and have them cater the practice to fit your needs. The ability to fine tune your practice in class will be greatly enhanced.
- Along with yoga we also offer gentle chiropractic, massage, infrared sauna sessions and detox programs. The integration of these techniques creates powerful, harmonious and supportive opportunities for healing flexibility and growth.